BLOG 1 - Personal Information

Hello class, this is our first post for the current this semester. This time, you will have to write about yourselves in an auto-biography style. Please include the following topics:

Birth info (Yours, parents, siblings, extended family) 

Studies info (elementary/high school/ university, other studies)

Family Info (important facts, place of residence, other)

Hobbies and/or interests (sports,

Others... (photographs, anecdotes, funny stories, for example)


Some recommendations for the post:

Number of words: 120 to 150. Font: Arial, Calibri. Size 12 – 14.
Make comments on three of your classmates’ posts plus a comment on your teacher's post as well (you have 36 hours to do so).

 

Hello there,

I am Juan Careaga, I was born in Valdivia. 

 

As a southern boy, I really enjoyed the rain and winter. I am a member of a family of 4. Sometimes, I tend to say we were 6 as I like to include my grandmother and my dog. My father was a Math teacher at the local school. He liked to play chess and dominoes on Sunday evenings with me. My sister and mother are both nurses at the local hospital. They work together since my sister graduated from university. Usually they cooked sopaipillas for us on weekends. Grandmother enjoyed doing word jumble games.

 


Our dog has a black tail and likes to bark at the shadows. He is very playful but extremely cautious with strangers. 

 

I studied at University of Valparaiso but finished here in Santiago. I also lived in England where I did a master on Linguistics. Teaching is what I like the most. 


 

Comments

  1. Your dog is so tiny and cute. We need more pictures of him or maybe he can be a special guest in our classes jiji

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to play jendrez too! I even participated in community championships, but I lost the practice over time. By the way, your dog is very cute! He has a funny face xD

    ReplyDelete
  3. Valdivia is very beautiful, I am a big fan of the cold climate and one of my dreams is to fully know the south of Chile

    ReplyDelete
  4. Valdivia is amazing, my uncle Jorge lives there and i go to visit him every summer with my family, or at least we try

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have never been to Valdivia, but it has always seemed very nice, I hope to go there soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've never been in Valdivia, but it seems pretty nice. With my family we also eat special dishes on weekends, like hot dogs. Apart from that, the doggy looks good.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice your dog, professor. How fortunate to have studied abroad, I would love to do it too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I also came from the south to live in Santiago, I hope that I can go to England too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your dog is very cute. A few years ago I went to Valdivia, it is a beautiful place, I loved visiting the place and its climate.

    ReplyDelete
  10. i really love your dog is so cute, i dont know Valdivia but always wanted to go maybe in the future i will visit de city.

    ReplyDelete
  11. my mother is a math teacher too, she teach me a lot about math and crafts like sew clothes or make mosaic too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. the best thing to do on winter and cold places is eat a ''sopaipilla'' with a cup of tea, now I wanted to eat one hahahaha.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your dog looks very beautiful and quiet. I´d like to go to Valdivia sometime. In images the city looks very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  14. It's amazing when your English teacher, in addition to studying in Chile, had the opportunity to study abroad. I would like to know more about your stay in England and whether you lived the Football Premier League atmosphere in the city on weekends jajaja.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I attended some football matches. The Owls was one the teams where I used to live. But I also love rugby and I went to see some matches in a city near by (Leinster). I also watched some cricket and American football matches!

      Delete
  15. Hi, teacher. I would to hear some stories of your time spent in England, could that be possible? I would love to study there after I graduate.

    Greetings!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi teacher, ur dog is very pretty :) maybe you could show it in classes jajaj we will wait for it :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there, Nicolás. Unfortunately, he lives in the south my parents. He really enjoys rainy days ha! Over here, I have a cat.

      Delete
  17. WOW, I have been to England as well, but just for a week. Because I was living at Dublin for a year. Ireland and England are so close. I took a plane and It just took 40 minutes. Someday we can talk about that. Regards XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  18. OMG! I love Valdivia. I have memories of great and excellent vacations there. I want to come back. Do you like sopaipillas with pumpkin?

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi teacher, nice to met to you and your dog! I play dominoes too, with my grandma and betting, but I can not imagine the difficult that shalt be play with a math teacher like your father.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

BLOG 6 - Postgraduate Studies

BLOG 2 - Why did you choose this career/study programme?